icelava.net

why be normal?
Welcome to icelava.net Sign in | Help
in Search

The Great Singapore Power Save

Last post 05-20-2005, 13:26 by icelava. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-20-2005, 13:26 1024

The Great Singapore Power Save

I have a theory. Two actually. That the food distributed around the inhabitants of my island are really low-grade fuel. Or, the Singaporean gene has some serious deficiency when it comes to efficient energy absorption ratio from the digestive system.

How else can I explain then, that the daily people you encounter in your walk through life, when having identified the object obstructing their way is actually a human being (you), muster all their conscious effort to murmur under their breath a "...kyuse..." so soft that even a bat has to resort to purchasing a Korg amplifier to pick up the acoustic pattern?

Are Singaporeans low in energy? Have we learnt too much from Discovery and Animal Planet and make habits of restricting body movements and audible output (kids, don't even think it)?

Really, is there something sinfully embarassing or shameful in voicing out a firm, "Excuse me, I'd like to get by/cross over. Thank you!" Is making your presence known to a stranger party an unholy travesty of the Ninja Stealth Code? Or has the number of rage-stabbing incidents escalated in our land?

I say a new law be passed for all Singaporeans, male/female/both, upon reaching the age of 10, be required to enlist at the nearest kopitiam for vocal training and confidence. Until the residents a few floors above can hear with surround-sound clarity what drink each and every customer wants.
    Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML