icelava.net

why be normal?
Welcome to icelava.net Sign in | Help

Re: The Law of Equivalent Exchange

•  11-10-2010, 22:14

Re: The Law of Equivalent Exchange

Ah yes. Life's been good after I got the monitor back from the service centre, ja? After waiting bloody weeks for the necessary components to be shipped all the way from Taiwan, ja? Well, I thought so too. I thought I could put this matter to rest.

But no, some children are downright cheeky and mischievous.  Those who do not understand the meaning of "discipline" and "behaviour". They may sit still for awhile, but their incorrigible ways soon take over again and wreck havoc around the classroom. And so this seemingly repaired monitor, decided to play the doze-off game again at the beginning of the week (must be a Monday thing). Hey, snap out of it! Don't go blank on me. Wake up and show me the desktop screen! I like to see my windows there instead of a black hole, thank you. Switch off-on, yes and stay that way.

Then it started farting out this foul smell. Not your regular burnt plastic smell, but close to it. Argh. And there goes the screen fizzling out. Forever. Argh.

Back to the service centre. My brother helped bring my monitor to and fro during the previous incident, so I hadn't met the folks there. But they recognised this monitor really quickly. Either I am the only person in Singapore who buys such high-res monitors, or I am the only one who keeps the electrical current running even when I switch them off. (which does not explain why the other monitor has been functioning a-ok the past two years)

Thankfully, they had the spare capacitors on hand, replaced the one that melted down, and had it back on my lap the next day. Apparently, the technician reported the parts from Taiwan weren't that good either.

-__-

Wished somebody could've warned me of the detrimental effects of overusing the mangekyou sharingan.

Filed under: ,
View Complete Thread