icelava.net

why be normal?
Welcome to icelava.net Sign in | Help
in Search

Politically Correct: You Are WRONG

Last post 02-14-2009, 0:12 by icelava. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2009, 0:12 5358

Politically Correct: You Are WRONG

Today I begin reading this rather interesting perspective of learning to apply lessons from Hollywood filming onto IT projects - Hollywood Secrets of Project Management Success. As much as I initially yell out, "filming and software development are, like, extremely different y'know!" I believe it prudent for one to maintain an open mind to allow one's self to look at problem areas from new angles, thus my intrigue in finding out just how much parallelism author James Persse has discovered in his research.

But this post is not about the subject matter of the book.

This post is going to be a new "series" in my journal, inspired so by this passage in the Introduction section.

... They fail to use the PMBOK from an organizational standpoint. Management seems to assume that practicing the PMBOK falls into the personal purview of each project manager. That, of course, is a backward assumption.

Wow. I don't know. But I just could not help feeling the splendid manner in which James Persse so eloquently communicated that most management are undisputed idiots and morons. :-)

Supreme. "Backward assumption" is my new phraseology from now on. And an eternal embarkment to being ever more politically correct and profound than practically necessary.

Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML