icelava.net

why be normal?
Welcome to icelava.net Sign in | Help
in Search

VS 2005 database CLR project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

Last post 04-10-2008, 12:25 by icelava. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-18-2007, 23:31 1437

VS 2005 database CLR project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

My colleague hit a mysterious error message whenever she attempted to deploy the assembly compiled with our managed stored procedures to the SQL Server.

An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly 'Assembly.Name' with HRESULT 0x80004005. ProjectName

It always failed at a particular stored procedure when it gives up, and she found out it was due to the stored procedure method being written to return a DataTable instead of void. Looks like Visual Studio or C# compiler cannot readily point this out when methods are laced with the SqlProcedureAttribute.

•  11-13-2007, 6:41 2054 in reply to 1437

Re: VS 2005 database project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

Thanks, I got the same error while deploying. Any idea why this is happening?
  •  11-13-2007, 7:32 2055 in reply to 2054

Re: VS 2005 database project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

If my last paragraph does not describe the situation you are in, then your issue lies in a different realm.
  •  03-28-2008, 11:20 2640 in reply to 1437

Re: VS 2005 database CLR project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

Moin Moin.

By the way, does anyone know of a registration-page here.

However, The aforementioned error persists upon using an SqlFunction :

i.e. public partial class tabular_EventLog//Assemblies do not like encapsulating "namespace"s.
           {[SqlFunction(FillRowMethodName="FillRow")]public static IEnumerable InitMethod(String logname) {...}

public static EventLogEntry FillRow( Object object_to_enter_into_resulttable
                                                ,out SqlDateTime Time_written,out SqlChars message,out SqlChars category,out long Instance_ID
                                               ){...}

•  04-10-2008, 12:25 2755 in reply to 2640

Re: VS 2005 database CLR project deployment : An error occurred while gathering metadata from assembly

Are you supposed to use the SqlFacetAttribute class when returning a .NET type? Taking a guess here.
View as RSS news feed in XML