icelava.net

why be normal?
Welcome to icelava.net Sign in | Help
in Search

Timed to perfection

Last post 09-30-2007, 4:07 by icelava. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-30-2007, 4:07 1988

Time [O] Timed to perfection

Any company worth its salt knows the importance necessity of providing its staff with training and development resources to continually educate and nourish themselves with progressive knowledge. It is to my pleasure that my company invested in a deal with books24x7.com to provide an immense library of online books to read. Sure, there are some crucial IT publishers that are notably absent from their inventory, and reading books in web-page format isn't my preferred medium, but who am I to complain when I get to read books of the same subject across a variety of publishers. This is just something one can not personally afford under normal circumstances.

So what am I trying to complain about? Given that I am already going through a couple books online, I cannot find a sensible justification to spend my own money to obtain physical copies. With that general policy in effect, there is no option for "offline" reading. And just when I set time over the weekend to pile on the knowledge I need to get my work done, the website decides to go down for maintenance. Three hours before their scheduled maintenance period. And some possible five to eight hours before I get to access it again. Which is approximately time for bed.

So here I am left with a car with no juice, unable to continue the journey, because the petrol station ran dry. Anybody who regularly follows Formula One racing would know Steve Slater's love of the use "timed to perfection" when a car gets out of the pit lane barely ahead of their positional rival. This serverely thwarts the strategy of the upsetted team, and the driver has to work extra hard to attempt an overtake to regain track position.

But my question is, who is trying to thwart my racing times?

Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML